Andrew H. Hedges is a coeditor of The Joseph Smith Papers. From 1995 until 2009 he was an associate professor of Church History and Doctrine at Brigham Young University. He received a bachelor’s degree from Weber State University, a master’s degree in Near Eastern studies from BYU, and a PhD in American history from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Hedges, Andrew H.
Hedges, Andrew H.
Articles/Chapters by: Andrew H. Hedges
- The Narrow Neck of Land from RE 9, no. 3 (2008)
- Cumorah and the Limited Mesoamerican Theory from RE 10, no. 2 (2009)
- Problems with Probability: A Response from RE 10, no. 2 (2009)
- The Doctrine and Covenants: A Roundtable Discussion from RE 11, no. 2 (2010)
- Joseph Smith, John C. Bennett, and the Extradition Attempt, 1842 from Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer
- "Compassion upon the Earth": Man, Prophets, and Nature from Stewardship and the Creation
- Preface from Prelude to the Restoration: Apostasy to the Restored Church
- "The Light Shall Begin to Break Forth": Protestant Missions to the Indians in Colonial America from Prelude to the Restoration: Apostasy to the Restored Church
- “They Pursue Me without Cause”: Joseph Smith in Hiding and D&C 127, 128 from RE 16, no. 1 (2015)
- Discussing Difficult Topics: Plural Marriage from RE 17, no. 1 (2016)
- Joseph Smith, Robert Foster, and Chauncey and Francis Higbee from RE 18, no. 1 (2017)