Nicholas J. Frederick was an assistant professor of ancient scripture at Brigham Young University when this was written. He was born in Provo and raised in Delta, Utah (Go Rabbits!). After returning from a mission in Brussels, Belgium, he attended BYU, where he received his BA in Classics and his MA in comparative studies. While completing his MA, he taught part-time for the Classics Department and for the Department of Ancient Scripture at BYU. He then attended Claremont Graduate University, where he completed a PhD in the history of Christianity with an emphasis in Mormon studies. His research focuses primarily on the intertextual relationship between the text of the Bible and Mormon scripture. He enjoys teaching courses on the Book of Mormon and the New Testament, particularly the writings of Paul and the book of Revelation. He is married to Julie Parker Frederick and is the father of three children. He is passionate about all sports, especially baseball, and enjoys watching old films and reading good books.
- Frederick, Nicholas J.
Frederick, Nicholas J.
Articles/Chapters by: Nicholas J. Frederick
- 15. "As Your Father Also Is Merciful": The Sermon on the Plain and the Development of Mercy from The Sermon on the Mount in Latter-day Scripture
- Illuminating the Text of the Doctrine and Covenants through the Gospel of John from You Shall Have My Word: Exploring the Text of the Doctrine & Covenants
- What Has Moroni to Do with John? from RE 14, no. 3 (2013)
- Mosiah 3 as an Apocalyptic Text from RE 15, no. 2 (2014)
- 18. Peter in the Apocryphal Tradition from The Ministry of Peter, the Chief Apostle
- “The Intent for Which It Was Given”: How the Book of Mormon Teaches the Value of Scripture and Revelation from RE 18, no. 1 (2017)
- Review of An Experiment on the Word from RE 18, no. 2 (2017)
- Deconstructing the Sacred Narrative of the Restoration from An Eye of Faith
- Of “Life Eternal” and “Eternal Lives”: Joseph Smith’s Engagement with the Gospel of John from Approaching Antiquity: Joseph Smith and the Ancient World